Many hearing aids come with the ability to connect with your smartphone via Bluetooth™ technology. Let’s look at how to sync your devices, as well as the benefits of doing so.
How to Sync Your Smartphone With Your Hearing Aids
Different manufacturers have their own apps that you must download to your smartphone using the App Store (iPhone) or Google Play (Android).
Directions for iPhone
- Make sure your Bluetooth is turned on.
- Once the app is downloaded, go to Settings on your phone.
- Click on Accessibility, followed by Hearing Devices.
- The name of your hearing aids should pop up below MFi Hearing Devices. Once it appears, tap the name to pair your device.
Directions for Android
- Download the app.
- Make sure your hearing aids are turned on.
- Go to Settings on your phone
- Tap Connected Devices followed by Pair New Device
- Select your hearing aid from the list of available devices and wait for it to connect.
Benefits of Connecting Your Hearing Aids and Smartphone
There are numerous benefits to connecting your hearing aids with your smartphone. They include
- Clearer phone calls. Interviews with hearing aid users have shown that improved quality of phone conversations is one of the biggest benefits of connecting your device to your smartphone. Hearing loss can make phone conversations harder to hear, but when you stream audio from calls directly into your hearing aids, you can feel confident about your ability to communicate from anywhere.
- Enjoy listening to music. In the same way, that phone calls sound clearer, music, podcasts and other media do as well. Your hearing aids can double as a pair of wireless earbuds, and you can enjoy listening to your favorite songs while traveling or taking a walk through Calico Basin Trail.
- Adjustments made easy. Throughout the day, we spend our time in environments with different noise levels. If you use hearing aids, that often means needing to turn your volume up or down or even changing your settings depending on where you are. When you’re connected to your smartphone, you can use your app to discretely make adjustments from your phone wherever you are.
- Monitor vital statistics. Syncing up allows you to easily do things like keep track of your hearing health and keep an eye on your hearing aid battery health.
For more information on the benefits of connecting your hearing aid to your smartphone or to make an appointment with one of our specialists, call Nevada Ear + Sinus Institute today.
Call Nevada Ear + Sinus Institute at (702) 735-7668 for more information or to schedule an appointment.